ExperienceInnovation™ - “Four hours that could change your life!”
- Alison Drewell, VP Retail, VF Corporation
Developed by our partners IDEO and ExperiencePoint, ExperienceInnovation™ is an Edison Award-winning, 1/2 day learning experience that introduces teams (from 12-250) to the tools, techniques and mindsets of design thinking.
Teams work together on a realistic design challenge, experiencing each phase of the design thinking process using a technology-enabled, gamified simulation platform.
Duration: ½ day (as part of a Design Thinking JumpStart or stand-alone experience)
What to expect:
Participants will leave with a clear understanding of what design thinkingis, how it creates value for organisations and users, and some first-hand experience practicing some of the tools of design. Specifically, they will be better able to:
- Apply the fundamental principles of design thinking
- Work collaboratively with teams
- Recognise the good ideas of others, even if it means letting go of their own
- Frame challenges and opportunities
- Translate user observation data into valuable insights
- Confidently apply creative tools such as brainstorming
- Use story-boarding and visualisation as a tool for rapid prototyping
- Design quick, low-risk, low-cost experiments to test critical elements of early stage ideas
Who is this for?
The ExperienceInnovation™ simulation is suitable for any role or background. No prior design thinking or innovation knowledge required. It is an ideal way to bring a technology enabled, gamified element to a Design Thinking JumpStart or as as a stand-alone experience.
Following the ExperienceInnovation™ Simulation…
- ExperienceInnovation Train-The-Trainer - ExperienceInnovation™ is a powerful tool for cascading design thinking throughout the entire organisation. Treehouse is proud to be master-certified by IDEO and ExperiencePoint to deliver Train-The-Trainer sessions – enabling companies to build the internal capabilities to equip all of their people with a common process and shared language for innovation. Contact us to learn more.
Take a deeper dive into the design thinking toolkit with Treehouse Innovation's Design Thinking Master Classes.